K–3rd Grade Application Process
Instilling skill. Inspiring wonder.
In the Holland Hall Primary School, learning means doing. Your child reads about biology but also dissects an owl pellet in a science lab. They explore interactive lessons on electronic devices but also learn the code to create the digital graphics. And in our open-concept classrooms, multiple sections of the same grade level overlap in a common space, where one class’s discussion sometimes filters through another’s group activity — building community and teaching concentration while they begin to grow and become an integral member of the Holland Hall family.
When considering placement in Holland Hall’s Primary School, please note that August 1 is the cut-off date for application (i.e. a Kindergarten applicant must be five years old before August 1). If you have questions regarding this matter, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Admission.
The Primary School application process involves the following steps:
- Come for a tour and discuss your child’s interests, needs, and strengths with a member of our Admission Team
- Complete the online application
- Complete the Teacher Recommendation form for the appropriate grade-level
- Provide grades from the last two years and any current standardized-test scores
- Provide a copy of the birth certificate and immunization records
Upon receipt of this information, the Office of Admission will contact the parent/guardian to schedule a shadow visit (1st-3rd Graders stay for the entire day.) Lunch is provided. During the visit, a faculty member will assess the child.
After the shadow visit and assessment, the Office of Admission will contact the parent/guardian regarding the admission decision.