Planning for the COVID-19 Virus
Posted on: Mar 06, 2020
March 6, 2020
Dear Holland Hall Families,
We remain vigilant in our monitoring of the COVID-19 virus and impact levels, both here in the US and abroad.
This email contains two important action items: one for all households, and one for any families traveling in the coming weeks. It also contains updates on our planning to keep our students, faculty, and families safe.
Action #1: Travel Plans
We realize that many of our parents and families travel regularly, and, with spring break approaching, it is likely that some will be traveling in the coming weeks. If you plan to travel during spring break or in the near future, we ask you to check entry and exit requirements for your intended destination(s) before your trip and again prior to your return. Many countries have instituted restrictions that may affect you, and these can change with little or no advance notice. Please be mindful that airlines may change or cancel flights in response.
Holland Hall will abide by all Centers for Disease Control, Oklahoma Department of Health, and Tulsa Health Department regulations. These regulations could include monitoring and/or quarantine, upon your return. With that in mind, we ask that you please share information about any recent or planned international or domestic travel, for anyone in your household, using this form.
Action #2: Technology Readiness
Should the Tulsa region reach a risk level requiring us to close Holland Hall for a period of time, we are gathering information on Holland Hall households to help us plan for the possibility of longer-term remote learning. Please take a moment for one person per household to complete this survey. This information is essential to help us allocate resources appropriately so we can continue delivering curriculum.
Below, please find additional updates on our planning and procedures. While the overall official risk level for Tulsa remains low, we are readying for that risk level to increase.
- Formed a COVID-19 Crisis Response Team specifically to monitor and respond to additional information and to plan for various scenarios
- School’s pandemic plan is in place, has been updated, and is guiding our work
- Continuing to emphasize to all community members proper hygiene and practices that significantly reduce the spread of germs
- Age-appropriate educational programming
- Increased the quality and quantity of cleaning supplies and exercising frequent cleaning procedures
- Full Faculty meeting regarding best practices around remote learning scenarios
- Academic leadership finalizing practices and guidelines for faculty should Holland Hall need to deliver instruction remotely
- Committed to consistent communication with all constituencies about readiness and any issues that might emerge
- Coordinating with all our food service providers to ensure extra precautions are being taken, including suspending use of the salad bar and any volunteer-staffed serving stations
As always, I hope you will be in touch with any questions or concerns.
Head of School