9th–12th Grade Application Process
Your Upper School student is on the cusp of greater independence. At Holland Hall, we help them manage intensifying academic assignments, solve real-world problems, and take fuller ownership of their own intellectual development and academic success. Our dynamic, experiential curriculum doesn’t just convey facts, figures, and concepts — it creates the conditions for students to combine knowledge with critical thinking skills in preparation for college — and for life itself.
While completion of the application process will complete an applicant’s admission file, it is not required for a “shadow visit.” Frequently, the parent/guardian of a student interested in learning more about the Holland Hall program begins the process by calling the Office of Admission to schedule a shadow visit where the student, who is paired with a host in the grade for which he/she is applying, will attend classes, eat a complimentary lunch, and have an interview with a faculty member.
Click here for more information about a shadow visit and the Visitor Emergency Information Form.
The Upper School application process involves the following steps:
- Come for a tour and discuss your child’s interests, needs, and strengths with a member of our Admission Team
- Complete the online application
- Complete the Teacher Recommendation forms (English, Mathematics, and Extracurricular)
- Complete the Parent Waiver form
- Provide grades from the last two years and any current standardized-test scores
- Provide a copy of the birth certificate and immunization records
- Complete the grade-level ISEE entrance exam
- Complete an interview with a faculty member
After the shadow visit, the completion of the entrance exam, and the collection of the materials listed above, the Office of Admission will contact the parent/guardian regarding the admission decision.