August 29 – September 4 (All School)
Posted on: Aug 28, 2020
In this issue of Dutch Weekly, you will find information on:
- NEW: Child forget something for school? Here’s what to do.
- NEW: Adjusted pick-up and drop-off locations
- NEW: Print your first-day-of-school signs!
- NEW: Get your HH-Cascia football tickets.
- NEW: First Middle School Parents’ Association meeting
- NEW: 2020 Yearbooks
- Ordering box lunches
- Primary School uniforms
- Registering your car with security
- Campus health
- Important dates
- How to register for At Home learning and details about the program
- Changes to the student directory/HH app
- The stoplight
- Uniform and Dutch Zone information
- Before- and after-care information
CHILD FORGET SOMETHING FOR SCHOOL? HERE’S WHAT TO DO
Academic buildings are closed to visitors for the 2020-21 school year. If your child forgets homework, books, lunches or anything else, there will be bins in front of each branch. Please label your item with your child’s name.
In the Primary and Middle schools, the box will be checked mid-morning and mid-afternoon. In the Upper School, you will need to let your child know when you drop an item off for them.
ADJUSTED PICK-UP and DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Because of congestion at pick-up and drop-off in the Primary School, there will be a few changes.
Third-graders will return to using the penguin stop. Third-grade families will need to make sure to use the inside lane. NO OTHER GRADES MAY DROP OFF HERE.
3rd grade (7:40-8:10 a.m.): Families, please use the right lane (green diamond) and students will be dropped off at the Penguin. Security will be at the Penguin crosswalk to direct traffic.
K-2nd grade (7:50-8:10 a.m.): Use the middle lane and turn right into the loop when directed
Afternoon Pickup: DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE
3rd Grade (3 p.m.): Pick up at Penguin inside far right lane.
1st/2nd Grade (3 p.m.) Middle lane (red square)
- 1st Grade parents enter into middle lane until crosswalk by the penguin. Then turn right into the PS loop then stay in right lane and pick up students on 2nd Grade Porch
- 2nd Grade parents enter into middle lane until crosswalk by the penguin. Then turn right into left lane of the PS loop and proceed until right before flagpole crosswalk where a teacher will merge you into the right lane for pickup.
DO NOT BLOCK BOTH LANES
Kindergarten. (3 p.m.): Parents enter into outside left lane (blue circle) and proceed to Vanessa Jones, who will be directing cars into EPK loop
PRINT YOUR FIRST-DAY-OF-SCHOOL SIGNS
Want a sign for your child to hold up for the first day of school? We have customized signs by grade level that you can print off by clicking here! Make sure to tag #HollandHall on social media.
GET YOUR HH-CASCIA FOOTBALL TICKETS
The 53rd annual Holland Hall-Cascia Hall football game is set for 7 p.m. Sept. 4.
Attendance will be limited at the Cascia Hall stadium, and no tickets will be sold at the gate.
All tickets will be $5.
Cheerleaders, football players and football support staff will be able to purchase two tickets for the game on Monday, August. 31, before or after practice. Cash only.
Students in grades 9-12 may purchase one ticket at school on Tuesday, Sept. 1, at 11:45 a.m., on the patio outside the library. Cash only.
All remaining tickets will be available for purchase online, www.hollandhall.org/athletics/football-tickets/ starting at 2 p.m. Tuesday until all of the tickets are sold. There is a maximum of 2 tickets per person.
Tickets purchased online must be picked up from a table in front of the Tandy between 8-10 a.m. Friday. Hall Brawl T-shirts can be picked up at the same time.
FIRST MIDDLE SCHOOL PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION MEETING
Middle School Parents: The first Parents’ Association meetings will be held through Google Meets. To allow you time to drop off and get back home for a virtual meeting, we will change the start times for our meetings to 8:30 a.m. The meeting code is MS PA Meeting. Our first meeting will be a Q&A since we know there are a lot of questions. Please email your questions to Diane Jennings at email@example.com. You will also be able to type questions into the Chat feature on the Google meet during the meeting. Please log on with microphones off.
2020 yearbooks will be distributed next week to those who did not pick up their orders in the spring. For grades nine through 12, supplements will be distributed during advisory groups. Please insert your supplement into the yearbook by removing the sticky strip and pressing firmly inside the back cover of the book.
A limited number of 2020 yearbooks will be for sale in the Dutch Zone soon.
If you have questions about a 2020 order, please email Shirley Sokolosky, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 books go on sale Oct. 1, 2020. Order information will be provided in late September.
ORDERING BOX LUNCHES
Families, please remember that dropping off lunch to students this year is not allowed. Students will need to bring a lunch or order through the Flik IS Dining app or website.
Order a week ahead online at hollandhall.flikisdining.com or on the FLIK IS Dining app.
Pricing per meal:
- PK – $5.00
- K – 3rd – $5.75
- 4th-12th – $7.00
A few notes:
- Credit card payment is required. Parents should select “Pay with CC.”
- You can set up individual student profiles if you have more than one student in your account. Order lunch for one student, check out, then log back in to create the second order.
- All orders must be placed by 11:55 p.m. on Tuesday for the following Monday through Friday.
- The box lunches will be delivered to the buildings and Faculty/Assistants will assist with distribution to the classrooms depending upon the grade level.
- Orders can be placed up to a month in advance. If your student is sick, you can cancel by accessing your “order history” to cancel by 8:30 a.m.
- If you had a balance due OR a credit on your old lunch account, these amounts were transferred to your tuition account in the new parent portal.
Questions? Contact your FLIK manager at email@example.com
PRIMARY SCHOOL UNIFORMS
C&J Uniforms had some trouble getting Primary School shirts in stock. They should be in within a few weeks.
If you haven’t purchased Primary School collared shirts yet, students can wear a plain, white shirt with a collar until they’re back in stock at C&J.
REGISTERING YOUR CAR WITH SECURITY
The safety of our students, faculty and staff is of the utmost priority at Holland Hall. Beginning this year, we will require Vehicle ID stickers for all HH families. These stickers must be visible on the front lower drivers side windshield.
At this time every HH family will be issued two stickers. If additional stickers are needed for an extended family member or caretaker that frequents the campus during school hours, please contact Campus Safety for more information at 918-879-4717.
All vehicles not displaying the ID sticker during school hours — excluding drop-off or pick-up — will be stopped by Campus Safety.
Student drivers and faculty members will also be required to have a sticker.
Vehicle ID Stickers can be obtained from the receptionist in the A.R. and Marylouise Tandy Dining and Wellness Center lobby or from any Campus Safety Officer. Stickers are available now and must be displayed no later than the day after Labor Day.
Health forms for students in 7th-12th grades are past-due. Find them here.
If you have questions about health forms or anything else health related, send questions to Nurse Linda Christensen at LChristensen@hollandhall.org
Mask and Surveys
Before coming to campus, make sure you have a mask and have filled out the online health screening that can be found on the Holland Hall app or on the homepage of the Holland Hall website. There are screenings for faculty, students and visitors.
Everyone is expected to wear a mask on campus, unless you are outside and more than 6 feet away from anyone else. Gaiters are only acceptable if they have more than one layer.
Practice Wearing Masks
Parents, before school starts, please practice wearing masks with your children. Have them wear them as they are watching TV or playing games, and practice taking them on and off using the information provided here.
Holland Hall’s Commitment to Community Health
Take some time as a family, maybe at the kitchen table, to discuss some of the essential principles below. They offer a way for us to count on one another when school resumes over the next two weeks. We are calling them Holland Hall’s Commitment to Community Health.
Click here to read the Commitment to Community Health.
Transparency and Covid-19
Holland Hall is committed to transparency and will update a spreadsheet on the school’s website daily with any positive cases on campus. The numbers — if there are any — will be reported by branch (Upper School/WAC; Middle School/Tandy; Primary School). Nurse Linda Christensen is responsible for contact tracing this year and will inform anyone with indirect and direct exposure personally.
Campus Safety Video
Click on the video below to watch a short message about school safety.
Monday, August 31
6th-8th Grade NEW family tour
- 9-10 a.m. – 6th families enter through 6th grade door
- 9-10 a.m. – 7th/8th families enter through Main MS doors near office
- 9 a.m.-noon
Tuesday, Sept. 1
First day of school for 6th-12th grades
- Half day (6th-8th dismiss at 11:30 a.m.; 9-12th grades dismiss at 11:45 a.m.) . No lunch. Uniform required
- Normal school day for EPK-5th grades. Lunch served. Uniform required
Wednesday, Sept. 2
Late Start Wednesday
- Upper School starts at 8:45 a.m.
- PS and MS start at 9 a.m.
A Day schedule
REGISTERING FOR THE AT HOME MODEL
The At Home Learning model is for students required to attend from home or for families who want a virtual school option.
Families should expect to commit to this model in two-week increments.
For 6th-12th grades, please let Middle School Head Jennifer White, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Upper School Head Frances Fondren-Bales, email@example.com, know by August 31 that you would like to start at home.
CHANGES TO THE STUDENT DIRECTORY/HH APP
You may have noticed a change to the directory on the Holland Hall app. A technology issue meant the directory wasn’t up-to-date. You’ll now find a link to your Parent Portal when you click “directory” on the app. Use your PCR Parent Portal login at the prompt, and follow links to the portal. Or log in from a computer or smartphone browser by going to go.hollandhall.org/parentportal.
We want to shout out a huge thank-you to our generous and anonymous stoplight donor. As you can imagine, it has made traffic flow significantly better and allowed our security officers to be on campus. We are also grateful that our student drivers are able to make safe left turns when heading off campus. Thank you!
DutchBacker 2020-21 sponsorship and membership opportunities are now available!
The Dutch fall athletic season is approaching fast! Athletes have been hard at work this summer in SAC, and practices have begun. In preparation for 2020-21 athletics, sponsorships and memberships for the DutchBackers are now available.
DutchBacker perks include:
- The Dutch Family Pass – A convenient key-tag, the Dutch Family Pass provides entry for the whole family into all Middle and Upper School football, volleyball, and basketball home games as well as Upper School soccer home games.
- DutchBacker Hat
- Opportunities to buy reserved parking spots, advertising in the Media Guide*, reserved seats at home football games, and more!
*All ads for the Media Guide must be submitted by August 31, 2020.
Please contact the athletic office at (918) 879-4736 if you have any questions!
DUTCH DAY, Dutch Zone, Spirit Wear
If you need spirit wear, make sure to visit the Dutch Zone.
The Dutch Zone will be open every Friday from 8-10 a.m. & 2-4 p.m.
PRE-ORDERS are available for pick up in the DutchZone during regular business hours.
Please enter through the A.R. and Marylouise Tandy Dining & Wellness Center’s main doors, then go through the thermal scanner , before coming into the Dutch Zone.
The Dutch Exchange will be open for shopping on Wednesday, September 17 from 3-4 p.m. Donated items will be collected twice per semester. Please do not drop items outside of the designated collection times. This is a volunteer- staffed effort. Thank you for recycling your outgrown uniforms and Dutch gear!
Contact Gayle Taylor with any questions about the Dutch Exchange at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper School Dress Code
This change to the dress code will be for one year only:
- Students may wear khaki or navy blue shorts (no more than 3 inches above the knee). It is OK if these are “golf shorts” made of a wicking material. In addition, they may wear a short sleeved, collared shirt in solid white or any solid pastel color (golf shirts).
- With these additions, we are trying to maintain the colors of our uniform, while providing better options for hot days.
Note: There are no changes to the Primary and Middle School uniforms, other than the new gray shirt option already announced in the Middle School.
BEFORE- AND AFTER-CARE INFORMATION
Click here for information.