Dutch Weekly: July 14 - 21
A new app! A new way to get to the directory!
We heard your frustrations about our Holland Hall app. We had them too!
The new Holland Hall app will be available soon, and to prepare, we want to make sure we have all of your directory information correct.
Please log in to the Parent Portal, gotohh.org/parentportal, and click HOUSEHOLD at the top of the screen — or in the drop-down menu on mobile. The number and email printed in the Main Contact Email and Main Contact Number will be used in the directory, which will still be password protected and for use only by Holland Hall families. Also make sure your Mobile Number is correct for any texts the school may need to send.
And while you're filling out forms ...
Have you signed your student's annual forms?
Have you completed your 7th- or 9th-grader's OSSAA form?
Have you made an appointment for your child's physical if it's time for an update?
All of these tasks must be completed before school starts, and forms can be found in the Parent Portal.
Order your uniform shirts
Middle School navy polos will be available to purchase online through the Dutch Zone before the school year starts. Be watching your emails next week for the link, or visit C&J Uniforms in the Fontana or landsend.com to purchase shirts there while you're buying skirts, outerwear and more. If you've already ordered from LandsEnd.com and received a navy shirt with a red logo, those shirts will be fine to wear.
Holland Hall Summer Programs: Session 7
It's the last week of summer programs, and some spots are still available.
Parents of rising 9th-graders should take note of the special Freshman Reading and Writing Intensive sessions. These sessions will give students a head start on the work expected in the Upper School.
To register, go to www.hollandhall.org/summer
Session 7 - 7/17 - 7/21
A.M. Camps - 9:00-noon
7206A-02 - Beehive Art Studio - 1-6 - MS Art Room
7264-02 - Bitesize Broadway! - K-5 - MS Black Box
7244-01 - "Camp Read-A-LOT!" - 1-5 - PS 1st Grade Pod
7286B-05 - Culinary Creations - K-5 - EDP Room - Full/Closed
7417-01 - Dutch Volleyball Camp - 5-9 - US Gym
7321-04 - Explore! Dream! Create! - K-3 - PS Art Room - Full/Closed
7297-02 - Freshman Reading Intensive - 9 - US 214
7229B-01 - Science RULES! - K-2 - MS 5B
7223-01 - Ocean Adventures - EPK-PreK - PS 3's Pod
7329B-01 - Sports, Arts, Crafts & More! - EPK-K - PS 4's Pod
7411A-01 - Summer Athletic Commitment A (SAC)
HS Football 9-12 - 6:30-8:00am
7411B-01 - Summer Athletic Commitment B (SAC)
HS Coed 9-12 - 7:45-9:15am
7411C-01 - Summer Athletic Commitment C (SAC)
MS Coed 6-8 - 9:00-10:30
P.M. Camps - 12:30-3:30
7270B-05 - Amazing Summer Fun! - PreK-4 - EDP Room
7253-02 - Bug's Life for Tikes! - EPK-1 - PS 4's Pod - Full/Closed
7216-01 - Dinosaur Diggers - 1-5 - PS 1st Grade - Full/Closed
7321-04 - Explore! Dream! Create! - K-3 - PS Art Room - Full/Closed
7298-02 - Freshman Writing Intensive - 9 - US 214
7322-02 - Interactive International Cuisine - 3-7 - Tandy Dining Hall
7290-02 - Welcome to Fourth Grade - 4 - MS 4A
DutchBakers needed for the 2023-24 athletic year
As we hit the midway point of July we are gearing up for an exciting 2023-24 athletic year. Help support Dutch athletics by becoming a member of the Dutchbackers — sponsorships and memberships are now posted on the Holland Hall website: 2023 - 2024 Dutchbacker Membership.
We will have three media guides this year: fall, winter and spring. We need all media guide ads and scoreboard logos by August 15. We hope to have the fall media guide available in early September
Thank you for your support of Dutch athletics!
It's time to order books
Parents of 9th-12th grade students can now use the Parent Portal, gotohh.org/parentportal, to see the list of courses in which students are enrolled.
From the Parent Dashboard:
Look for the block titled, ‘Courses for School Year 23-24.’
Select student name from the dropdown menu.
Once you have a list of the courses in which your child is enrolled, you can order from MBS Direct, the Holland Hall online bookstore.
In the Parent Portal:
- Select the ‘MBS Direct Bookstore’ link or go to gotohh.org/MBSDirect
- Select ‘Log In To Your Account’ or ‘Let’s Get Started’
- Under ‘Your Term’, select 2023-2024 School Year
- Under ‘School’, select Upper School (9th-12th grade)
- Select the courses on your child’s course list
- Select View Your Materials
- Select ‘Add Selected to Cart’ for each item
- Select ‘Proceed to Checkout’
- Please note that not all courses will have materials listed in the MBS Direct Bookstore and may be provided and/or billed by Holland Hall.
Shipping is free for MBS Direct orders over $99 from July 12th through July 25th.
You may also order from any book retailer – just make sure the ISBN numbers match those listed in the MBS Direct Bookstore.
If you don't see the classes you thought your student enrolled in, there is an add/drop period.
Change requests will be prioritized in the following order:
- Under-enrolled students (those with fewer than 5 departmental courses in a semester): The Scheduler will be in contact with you and your child to review scheduling options and help select sufficient courses to be fully enrolled.
- Seniors concerned about a specific graduation requirement: please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Course changes not related to graduation requirements will follow the normal Drop & Add process as school begins.
- Other change requests: will be addressed through the normal Drop & Add process as school begins. Students may reach out to their advisors about possible changes beginning August 14th after faculty return to campus — changes will not be considered before that date. Students should expect to start the school year in the classes as listed in the Parent Portal.
- Academic Advisors will assist with the fall Drop & Add process which ends Thursday, 8/31/2023.
Don't forget to download photos!
We're still adding photos to Smugmug. Download your favorites for free, or order prints right from the site. https://hollandhall.smugmug.com/2022-2023
Is your student's summer reading complete?
Here is some helpful information for the summer and upcoming school year. Continue to check the Parent Portal periodically for updates throughout the summer and school year.
- Summer Reading: Please encourage your child to read this summer, and not just for our required summer reading. The required summer reading can be found under the Parent tab on the school website (under Upper School and Middle School Summer Packets) and is also linked here. Summer reading books can be purchased through MBS Direct or a vendor of your choice with the correct ISBN.
- Parent/Student Handbook: Once the 2023-24 handbook is posted in the Parent Portal, please sit down with your child to review this together.
- Back to School Information: As we approach August information about the opening days of school will be posted.
- Computer requirements: Macbook requirements and guidelines are posted in the Parent Portal.
- Books for 2023-2024: Various classes require purchased books and you will be able to get these through MBS Direct or a vendor of your choice with the correct ISBN once course enrollments are released (by mid July).
Monday, August 14: Primary School Back-to-School Bash (info to come soon!)
Monday, August 14: Senior Retreat
Tuesday, August 15: 9th Grade and New Family Orientations
Wednesday, August 16: Primary School Open House
Wednesday, August 16: First day of classes for Upper School and Middle School; early dismissal
Thursday, August 17: First day of classes for Primary School; early dismissal for PS