Dutch Weekly: Sept. 10-17
School photo day set
JostensPix will be on campus Monday, Sept. 20, to photograph students through 11th grade.Using an online ordering system, Jostens provides an online portal to make buying photos easy and quick.Some notes:
- You may set up an account in advance of picture day.
- If asked for an event code, it is FE4121. You will not be able to place an order until the photos go online. Watch the Dutch Weekly for more details as the date approaches.
- IMPORTANT: To access your photos, you must use one of the email addresses you provided to the school in August.
- If your child is unable to participate on Sept. 20 or requires a retake, Retake and Primary Class Group Day is Monday, Nov. 1.
- All students should be in school uniform. Photos will be taken against a green screen to allow for several background options when you order prints.
Download HH campus photos today
Convocation and other opening days of school photos are now available to download at hollandhall.smugmug.com
From the Head of School's office: Continue to mask next week
Based on the data from this week and likely projections for the next, we will maintain our mask requirement for adults and students for the coming week. Please trust we would all like to get to a mask optional stance as quickly and as safely as possible. The current numbers and lack of access to a vaccine for our youngest simply do not make that reasonable right now.As a reminder, we are taking a measured approach to masking. We require them for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals when the daily Tulsa County Covid numbers are at 31 cases per 100,000 residents or more. We will announce the following week's mask status in Dutch Weekly every Friday. The policy is listed here below for reference.
COVID on campus
When there is a confirmed COVID case on campus, we will update our website here. If your child has been identified to quarantine, you will be contacted personally. Please keep your child home if they are experiencing any signs of illness and contact our Director of Health Services Kathleen Alabbasi, firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if your child develops symptoms typical of allergies, a sinus infection, or the common cold, we ask that you contact your physician for determination of the need for a COVID test. Data indicates that the Delta variant primarily presents with similar symptoms and thus can be easily overlooked, according to our nursing staff.
Dutch Exchange open on Wednesday, Sept. 15
Dutch Exchange, Holland Hall’s gently used uniform exchange, will be open for shopping on Wednesday, Sept. 15, from 3-4 p.m. We are located in the Tandy down from the former MS Refectory. We are open to shop each month on the 3rd Wednesday.We will have a collection day on Friday, Sept. 24. There will be a bin in front of the Tandy all day that day. Please drop off GENTLY used HH uniform shirts, outerwear, t-shirts and skirts. Please have skirts on hangers. At this time, we are not collecting khaki pants or shorts.
DutchZone volunteers needed!
The DutchZone is looking for volunteers for football games and more! The store will be open on Thursdays and Fridays this school year contingent on volunteer availability. Volunteers will receive a 20% discount monthly during their shift. Hours are Thursdays and Fridays 8-10 a.m. and 2-4 p.m.Sign up here https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4caeab23abfdcf8-volunteer Questions? Please contact Jolie Fredieu email@example.com
- Sept. 11: Holland Hall Field Hockey Festival (details below)
- Sept. 13: College Financial Aid Night in US (details below)
- Sept. 15: Welcome Wednesday for prospective students
- Sept. 16: US Parent Association Meeting (details below)
- Sept. 16: PS Back to School Night (details below)
- Sept. 17: Varsity Football at Metro Christian
- Sept. 20: Picture day!
- Sept. 21: Founders Day — Wear your 100-year shirts with uniform bottoms to celebrate Sept. 21, the first day of school in 1922
- Sept. 24: Varsity Football at Mannford
- Oct. 1: Primary School Night at the Football Game
Primary School News
Primary School Back to School Night is Thursday
Parents and students will visit the classrooms specials areas to see many of the exciting things already happening this year in the Primary School. Students will have the opportunity to "show off" their classroom and learning spaces to their families.The open house event will be from 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16
Primary School lunch orders
Students in PreK and JK won't be eating in the Multipurpose Room this year.To order a lunch from the school, CLICK HERE and fill out the form by 9 a.m. Mondays. If you make changes to the form after 9 a.m. Monday, please contact your child's teaching assistant.
After-school enrichment classes
Holland Hall is once again offering two after-school enrichment classes.Ms. Ariel’s Art StudioJoin the fun with Ms. Ariel's enrichment workshop! This is an interactive class to discover the elements of art and strengthen drawing skills using various media. Your young artists will create a new drawing each week while utilizing color theory through the use of markers, color pencils and oil pastels. We will explore art history and learn more about artists and their works. All supplies provided.
- When: 3:15-4:15 Wednesdays, Sept. 15 - Oct. 27 (no class 9/22)
- Where: Primary School multi-purpose room
- Grade: K-3rd
- Instructor: Ariel Myers
- Class size: 20
- Cost per student: $120/6 weeks
- Email to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Allison's Ballet/Contemporary I-IICome and join Ms. Allison for the basics of ballet technique and contemporary. We will begin with stretching, barre work, center floor exercises as well as exploring other dance movements to include contemporary floor work, rolls, and fun conditioning exercises. (Pick up is 4:15 in front of the Walter Arts Center)
- When: 3:15-4:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 15 - Oct. 13
- Where: Walter Arts Center - Dance Studio (shuttle transportation provided)
- Grade: Pre-K4-3rd
- Instructor: Allison Soper
- Class size: 12
- Cost per student: $100/5 weeks
- Email to register: email@example.com
Middle School News
We had a great Back to School Night on Thursday. Thank you for coming!
Middle School clubs announced
- Academic Team, Thursdays 3:15-4:30 p.m., beginning in mid-October for 6th-8th grade students
- Ceramic Club, 1st and 3rd Thursdays, after sports for 7th/8th grade students
- French Club, second semester, Tuesdays after school
- GEMUN, A Days at lunch for 7th grade students
- Math Counts, Mondays 3:15-4:45 for 5th-8th grade students
- Science Club, Thursdays 3:10-4:15 2 times per month for 4th grade students
- Spanish Club, every other Monday 3:15-3:40 for 4th-6th grade students and 3:40-4:10 for 7th/8th grade students
Middle School reminders
- 6th-8th grade students need to have their IDs with them each day. Please help them remember these each morning. They are keys to open doors and they are the payment method for lunch.
- We have a number of students forgetting their masks. Parents, please be sure they exit your vehicle in the morning with a mask in hand to put on when they enter the building.
- If your student forgets something, including lunch, and you want to drop it off, there is a gray bin outside the main MS entrance. Please email Kelly Danner if you place something in the box.
- Lastly, if your student arrives late or leaves early for any reason, they need to sign out in the office with Kelly Danner so that we know who is on campus and who is not!
Middle School basketball tryouts
Save these dates for Middle School basketball tryouts
- 8th grade boys: September 20 and 22, 3:45-5 p.m. in the MS gym
- 7th grade boys: September 27 and 29, 3:45-5 p.m. in the MS gym
- 7th and 8th grade girls: October 6 and 13, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the MS gym
Auditions for Middle School play set
"Shrek The Musical JR." auditionsWhen: Monday, Sept. 20Who: 4th, 5th, and 6th will begin auditioning at 3:15 p.m. and will be seen first come, first served. Sign up on the bulletin board outside Mrs. Scarberry's office.7th & 8th will begin auditions at 4 p.m., and will be first come, first served. Sign up on the bulletin board outside Mrs. Scarberry's office.What to prepare: Students will need one song prepared, 60-90 seconds to be performed a capella. Once you have completed your singing audition, you are free to go.Callbacks are set for Tuesday and/or Wednesday after school, 3:15 and 4 p.m. Students will receive an email if they are being asked to attend. Please do not come to callbacks if you are not asked, and do not be discouraged! You may still be cast in the show even if we do not need to see you a second time.Please be prepared to give information about your schedule and other extracurricular activities after school. Rehearsals will begin after Fall Break and will be Monday through Thursday. Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal.Note: If you have a conflict due to basketball tryouts but still want to participate in the production, we are happy to see you at 5 p.m. after basketball tryouts have ended, OR you may arrange an alternate audition time by sending an email to Mrs. Fogarty and Ms. Scarberry.The "Shrek The Musical JR." performance is set for Jan. 21-22 in the Branch Theatre.
Upper School / College Counseling
Back to School night
Upper School will be hosting our Back to School night for parents on Thursday, September 23. We ask parents to arrive between 6-6:25 p.m. wearing a mask. The schedules for classes will be at tables just inside the wooden doors, so stop there to pick up your schedule and a map! The morning meeting bell will ring at 6:30 p.m. and the last mod of the evening will finish up around 8:30 p.m. We hope you enjoy coming back to school to meet your high schooler's teachers and to get to absorb what their school day feels like!
Upper School Parents' Association Meeting
Upper School families are encouraged to join us for the monthly Parents Association Council meeting on Thursday, Sept. 16, from noon-1 p.m. on Google Meet.Google Meet code info https://meet.google.com/uqi-qafy-djjOr dial: (US) +1 650-817-8504PIN: 911 798 576#
The Upper School is going through more than 50 disposable masks per day. Parents, please remind US students to bring their own masks. Thank you!
Meet college reps virtually
Great Plains Association for College Admission Counseling (GPACAC) and Strive Scan are partnering to offer students and families the opportunity to visit with college representatives — virtually! Students will have the opportunity to "meet" the representatives and learn about six different colleges of their choosing every 45 minutes: 2-2:45 p.m., 3-3:45 p.m., and 4-4:45 p.m. Gather more information from a total of 18 different colleges. Your camera and sound remains off, yet you're allowed to submit your questions in the comment box.When: 2-4:45 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 19Bonus: Preparing to Navigate the Financial Aid Process is being presented at 1 p.m. for those who are interested.Go to: www.strivescan.com/gpacac/ or scan the QR code in the information graphic.
Financial aid meeting set
College Counseling will once again welcome Vicki Hendrickson, Director of Student Financial Services from The University of Tulsa. Ms. Hendrickson is our area expert on all-things college financial aid for any college your student might be considering. She will address applying for your Federal Student I.D. numbers (FSA ID), talk about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and review various types of federal aid, merit aid, and scholarships.TIME and LOCATION change: Plan to join us, in-person, in the Upper School Lecture Center. Monday, Sept. 13, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Holland Hall hosts its Field Hockey Festival on campus this weekend with five schools from three different states competing. Games will feature 6 middle school teams; 3 JV C teams; 5 JV teams and 5 varsity teams.Come cheer on the Dutch varsity against Pembroke Hill on Friday, Sept. 10, at 4 p.m. The Dutch then play Sion at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, followed by Fort Worth Country Day at 1 p.m.JV teams play Sion at 5 p.m. Friday; Fort Worth Country Day at 9 a.m. Saturday; Pembroke Hill at 11 a.m. Saturday; and Casady at 2 p.m. Saturday.