Dutch Weekly: Sept. 3-10
Posted on: Sep 09, 2021
Go Dutch! Beat Cascia!
The 54th Hall Brawl — the annual Holland Hall-Casica Hall football game — will be played Friday on campus. If you can’t make it to the game, it will be livestreamed at gotohh.org/stream.
HH Varsity Football Game
- When: 7 p.m.
- Where: Holland Hall Hardesty Field, 5666 E. 81st St.
- Admission: $5. Holland Hall students are free.
- Note: Families, please help us create a safe and fun atmosphere for everyone by accompanying your young children to games and keeping an eye on them while on campus.
Photo credit: Sara Carter
School photo day set
JostensPix will be on campus Monday, Sept. 20, to photograph students through 11th grade.
Using an online ordering system, Jostens provides an online portal to make buying photos easy and quick.
- You may set up an account in advance of picture day.
- If asked for an event code, it is FE4121. You will not be able to place an order until the photos go online. Watch the Dutch Weekly for more details as the date approaches.
- IMPORTANT: To access your photos, you must use one of the email addresses you provided to the school in August.
- If your child is unable to participate on Sept. 20 or requires a retake, Retake and Primary Class Group Day is Monday, Nov. 1.
- All students should be in school uniform. Photos will be taken against a green screen to allow for several background options when you order prints.
Thank you for celebrating with us
If you missed Digital Media Specialist Chris McConnell’s Convocation video, you can watch it here!
And, if you loved your kids’ Convocation shirts, they’ll be for sale soon in the online store, where you can also find other 100-year merchandise. Purchase them here.
Convocation photos available
Convocation photos are now available to download at hollandhall.smugmug.com
From the Head of School’s office: Mask up next week
Based on the data from this week and likely projections for the next, we will maintain our mask requirement for adults and students for the coming week. Please trust we would all like to get to a mask optional stance as quickly and as safely as possible. The current numbers and lack of access to a vaccine for our youngest simply do not make that reasonable right now.
As a reminder, we are taking a measured approach to masking. We require them for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals when the daily Tulsa County Covid numbers are at 31 cases per 100,000 residents or more. We will announce the following week’s mask status in Dutch Weekly every Friday. The policy is listed here below for reference.
COVID on campus
When there is a confirmed COVID case on campus, we will update our website here. If your child has been identified to quarantine, you will be contacted personally. Please keep your child home if they are experiencing any signs of illness and contact our Director of Health Services Kathleen Alabbasi, firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if your child develops symptoms typical of allergies, a sinus infection, or the common cold, we ask that you contact your physician for determination of the need for a COVID test. Data indicates that the Delta variant primarily presents with similar symptoms and thus can be easily overlooked, according to our nursing staff.
DutchZone volunteers needed!
The DutchZone is looking for volunteers for football games and more! The store will be open on Thursdays and Fridays this school year contingent on volunteer availability. Volunteers will receive a 20% discount monthly during their shift. Hours are Thursdays and Fridays 8-10 a.m. and 2-4 p.m.
Questions? Please contact Jolie Fredieu email@example.com
Faculty in the news
Upper School Theatre Arts Director Leslie Long stars in the Theatre Tulsa production of “The Guys,” directed by Laura Heidinger-Skoch (HH alum from the class of ’85). Written by Oklahoma native Anne Nelson and based off her real-life experience, the play takes place shortly after September 11th, 2001, and tells the story of a NY fire captain who lost most of his men and must enlist the help of an editor (Long) who helps transform his stories into unforgettable memories of the fallen. It is a story of finding hope and kindness in times of devastation.
The play runs for one final weekend in the Liddy Doenges Theatre at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center, 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Sept 3-4, and 2 p.m. Sunday Sept. 5. Tickets available at the Tulsa PAC box office or at https://www.tulsapac.com/events/2021/the-guys
Photo Credit: Josh New
Primary School Back to School Night is Thursday, September 16
This event will be for both families and students. Families will visit the classrooms and Specials areas to see many of the exciting things already happening this year in the Primary School. Students will have the opportunity to “show off” their classroom and learning spaces to their families.
The open house event will be from 6-7 p.m.
Primary School lunch orders
Students in PreK and JK won’t be eating in the Multipurpose Room this year.
To order a lunch from the school, CLICK HERE and fill out the form by 9 a.m. Mondays. If you make changes to the form after 9 a.m. Monday, please contact your child’s teaching assistant.
After-school enrichment classes
Holland Hall is once again offering two after-school enrichment classes.
Ballet/Contemporary I-II Afterschool Enrichment Class
- Come and join Ms. Allison for the basics of ballet technique and contemporary. We will begin with stretching, barre work, center floor exercises as well as exploring other dance movements to include contemporary floor work, rolls, and fun conditioning exercises.
- When: 3:15-4:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 8 through Oct. 13
- Who: PreK-3rd
- Where: Walter Arts Center Dance Studio (shuttle bus provided)
- Fee: $120
- To register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ariel’s Art studio
- Session 1
- When: 3:15-4:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 8-October 27
- Who: K-3rd grades
- Fee: $135
- To register: email@example.com
Middle School News
MS Back-to-School Night
Come explore the Middle School and meet your child’s teachers on Thursday, Sept. 9. This event is for all grade levels and begins at 6 p.m. in the Tandy Dining Room. This is for parents only.
Upon arriving, parents should pick up a name tag and a personalized student schedule from the tables marked for each grade level. After the brief welcome and information session in the Tandy, parents will follow their schedules to visit classrooms and hear from teachers. The evening will conclude at 8:20 p.m.
Meet other parents before the event
The Parents’ Association is hosting a Middle School Parents’ Back-to-School Wine and Cheese Reception.
When: Thursday, Sept. 9, from 5:15 -6 p.m., before Middle School Back-to-School Night
Where: A.R. and Marylouise Tandy building and the Chapman Green
Parents’ Association meeting
The First Middle School Parents’ Association meeting of the year is set for Tuesday, Sept. 7, from 8:30-9:15 a.m. The meeting will be virtual.
Join Middle School Head Jennifer White, Parents’ Association Liaison Meredith Rogers, Middle School Parents’ Association Vice President Tobey Ballenger and other parents for a discussion about the many resources that Holland Hall offers to help with the sometimes challenging task of raising Middle School-aged children.
MS PA meeting information:
PIN: 922 276 019#
Middle School reminders
- 6th-8th grade students need to have their IDs with them each day. Please help them remember these each morning. They are keys to open doors and they are the payment method for lunch.
- We have a number of students forgetting their masks. Parents, please be sure they exit your vehicle in the morning with a mask in hand to put on when they enter the building.
- If your student forgets something, including lunch, and you want to drop it off, there is a gray bin outside the main MS entrance. Please email Kelly Danner if you place something in the box.
- Lastly, if your student arrives late or leaves early for any reason, they need to sign out in the office with Kelly Danner so that we know who is on campus and who is not!
Middle School basketball tryouts
Save these dates for Middle School basketball tryouts
- 8th grade boys: September 20 and 22, 3:45-5 p.m. in the MS gym
- 7th grade boys: September 27 and 29, 3:45-5 p.m. in the MS gym
- 7th and 8th grade girls: October 6 and 13, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the MS gym
Upper School / College Counseling
Add/Drop period ending
Wednesday, Sept. 8, marks the end of the Add/Drop period for first semeseter classes. Please touch base with your child to make sure that they have their schedule as they need it to be by the end of the day on the 8th!
Experiential Learning change
An email went out on Thursday to all Upper School parents explaining that we are rescheduling our Experiential Learning Programming (Freshman Orientation; the FLAG 10th Grade leadership trip; 11th grade school-sponsored College trips) to the second semester. Of note: 11th and 12th grade students who have scheduled individual college trips for September 30 – October 5 (the time frame originally reserved for Experiential learning) should maintain their plans! Teachers will accommodate these students.